Wednesday, February 3, 2010

DENR Sec. Lito Atienza Gives Marriage Advice To Pacquiao

DENR Secretary Lito Atienza told us during a get together with the Lito Atienzaentertainment media in his office in Quezon City recently that his very good friend Manny Pacquiao comes to him for advice about almost anything under the sun, including his political plan and yes, his marriage.

The solid family man Sec. Atienza told us that he has always been advising Manny to keep his wife Jinkee happy. “I told him Jinkee and his kids and his sport should be his priority. They are his family and there is nothing that can compare to a happy, intact family who is solidly behind you in your career. That’s what I tell him all the time,” Sec. Atienza said when we inquired about the advice he gives on Manny about his love life.

Sec. Atienza is confident that Manny believes him and that he is confident that the champ will heed the snippets of wisdom that he shares with him. He said Manny, however, never came to him to seek his advice about any actress. “And no, he never introduced any girl to me. I don’t think Manny will ever do that,” Sec. Atienza replied when asked again if he knew of Krista Ranillo, the current girl being linked to the boxing champ.

The DENR Secretary, who is poised to run as Mayor of Manila in the 2010 elections, says he stands pat on his advice to Manny to just seek a Party List nomination if he wants to serve as a politician. “I have told him that championing the cause of sports, rather than involving himself with the local politics in his hometown will be best for him. I am still confident that he will see the light in that advice. Let’s just wait and see,” he said.

Sec. Atienza declares he will still run under his very own Liberal Party, despite the “political maneuvering he suffered from the party.” “I am a Liberal Party member by heart, since the beginning and has never abandoned my party. I will remain to be a Liberal Party member for the rest of my life. I was there at the Plaza Miranda being proclaimed as a Liberal Party candidate for councilor, along with Gerry Roxas and Ninoy Aquino when that bombing occurred. No one else can say that they have been a true Liberal Party member the same way I have been. Kaya walang karapatan ang kahit na sino na sabihing sila ang Liberal Party,” he said.

Source: www.mb.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment